||How many colours does the EVO Lite series has?
||3 colours, namely Autel Orange, Arctic White and Deep Space Grey.
|What is the difference between the EVO Lite and EVO Lite+?
||The only difference between the two products is the camera. The rest of the performance is the same.
|How do I activate the EVO Lite series aircraft?
||You need to connect your mobile phone to the remote controller, then pair with the aircraft through the Autel Sky app, and follow the instructions in the app to complete the activation.
|Does the EVO Lite series come with its own storage?
||It comes with 6G of onboard storage and an SD card slot that supports up to 256G of storage expansion.
|Is the EVO Lite series waterproof?
|What is the maximum wind resistance of the EVO Lite series?
||Class 7 (14~16.5m/s; 32~38mph)
|What is the maximum flight speed of the EVO Lite series?
||The EVO Lite is equipped with three flight gears, including smooth, normal and sport. The maximum flight speed is 11mph in smooth gear, 22mph in normal gear, and 42.5mph in sport gear, which can be switched in the app according to the user’s proficiency in flight control and the actual flight environment.
|What is the maximum take-off altitude of the EVO Lite series?
|What is the maximum flying altitude of the EVO Lite series?
||800meters (2,624ft.), different countries or regions have different altitude restrictions. Please pay attention to local regulations when flying.
|Does the EVO Lite series have an obstacle avoidance function?
||Yes, the front, back and bottom of the aircraft are equipped with binocular vision perception systems, so it can perform three-way obstacle avoidance.
|Does the EVO Lite series support one-key return?
||Yes. When using one key to return, please set the return altitude and be mindful of the surrounding environment to avoid collision.
|Does the EVO Lite series have a downlight filler?
||There is a fill light at the bottom of the aircraft. When the lower vision system determines that there is not enough light and the ultrasonic sensor under the aircraft determines that the aircraft is too close to the ground, the lower vision fill light will automatically turn on. Users can also manually turn on/off the fill light in the app.
|How do I install the propeller correctly?
||1. Make sure the aircraft is turned off.
2. The propeller and motor with a white mark are paired together, and the propeller and motor without a white mark are paired together.
3. Press the propeller firmly and then turn it in the locked direction so that the propeller is firmly installed.
|How often do the paddles need to be replaced?
||The paddles need to be inspected for deformation, wear, breakage, and corrosion. If these conditions exist, the blades need to be replaced.
|Remote Controller & Image Transmission
||Is the EVO Lite series’ remote controller compatible with the EVO Nano series?
|Does the remote controller support HDMI output?
|What interfaces does the remote controller have?
||The Type-C port on the bottom is for charging the remote controllor, and the Type-C port on the top is for connecting mobile devices.
|Does the remote controller have custom buttons?
||A customizable function button is set in the upper left corner of the remote controller, which can be customized by the Autel Sky app to set the following functions.
When you click/double click the custom button: obstacle avoidance on/off; AE lock/unlock; gimbal back to centre/down; map/FPV switch.
|What is the effective image transmission range of the Lite series?
||In an open area that is unobstructed and free of interference, the FCC standard is 12km (7.4miles).
|What is the resolution of the image transmission?
||The quality of real-time image transmission is affected by the surrounding environment, and the resolution can reach 2.7K/30FPS when the image transmission distance is less than 1km (0.62miles).
|What are the advantages of Autel SkyLink image transmission?
||Autel SkyLink supports 2.4 GHz/5.8 GHz/5.2GHz tri-band. Select dual band mode in Autel Sky app, and the connection band between the aircraft and the remote controller will automatically switch between 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz/5.2GHz according to the interference situation. Autel SkyLink’s anti-interference performance and image transmission stability is also stronger.
|How do I ensure good signal transmission quality during flight?
||The remote controller antenna is built into the phone holder. Adjust the angle of the antenna according to the position of the drone, i.e. let the top plane of the phone holder face the aircraft, and make sure there is no obstruction between the remote controller and the aircraft.
|How do I use the “mobile fast transfer” function?
||Smartphones can connect directly to the aircraft through Wi-Fi. At this time, no remote controller is required. You can download photos and videos from the aircraft side to your smartphone at a transfer speed of up to 20MB/s through the Autel Sky App. The specific operations are as follows:
1. Make sure the aircraft is powered on and placed on the ground.
2. Run the Autel Sky app on your phone and connect to the aircraft via Wi-Fi pairing.
3. After successful connection, open the photo album, select the desired material and click the download icon to achieve high-speed file download.
– Please use the fast transfer function in an interference-free and unobstructed environment, away from routers, Bluetooth headphones and other sources of interference.
– In countries and regions where 5.8GHz band is allowed by law, the maximum download rate can be achieved in an interference-free and unobstructed environment. If the local 5.8GHz band is not allowed, the download rate will be limited when using 2.4GHz band for transmission.
||Does the EVO Lite series support replacement gimbals?
||If users need to replace the gimbal, please contact Autel Robotics’ customer support team.
|How does the EVO Lite series camera increase stability?
||The EVO Lite adopts a four-axis stabilized gimbal (pitch, yaw, roll, rotation); the EVO Lite+ has a three-axis mechanical stabilized gimbal (pitch, yaw, roll).
|What are the advantages of EVO Lite’s 4-axis gimbal?
||The EVO Lite’s camera movement can be rotated independently ±400° around the rotation axis, which allows for more abundant shooting methods compared to a traditional three-axis gimbal.
|What camera sensor is used in the EVO Lite series?
||The EVO Lite uses a 1/1.28-inch CMOS sensor with 50 effective megapixels; the EVO Lite+ uses a 1-inch CMOS sensor with 20 effective megapixels.
|What is the maximum resolution of photos and videos that can be taken with the EVO Lite series?
1920×1080 p120/p60/p50/p48/p30/p25/p24EVO Lite+
|What types of shooting formats are supported by the EVO Lite series?
|Does the EVO Lite series support zoom?
||The EVO Lite supports up to 16x digital zoom and 4x lossless zoom; the EVO Lite+ supports up to 16x digital zoom and 3x lossless zoom.
|Does the EVO series support shooting RAW format photos?
|What photo modes does the EVO Lite series have?
||Single shot, continuous shot, AEB, timer, HDR, pure night shot.
|Does the EVO Lite series camera support vertical shooting mode?
||The EVO Lite supports vertical screen imaging by software crop or gimbal rotation; the EVO Lite+ supports vertical screen imaging by software crop.
|Does the EVO Lite series support one-click films?
||The EVO Lite supports 5 one-click short film modes: sky punch, flutter, surround, fade away and rotation.
The EVO Lite+ supports 4 one-click short film modes: sky punch, flutter, surround and fade away.
|Does the EVO Lite series support portrait mode?
||Support and selectable close-up/medium/telephoto shots.
|Does the EVO Lite series support auto-following?
||Support for automatic follow of selected targets is available through the Autel Sky app.
|Does the EVO Lite series support panoramic photography?
||It supports horizontal / vertical / wide angle shot / spherical shot.
|Does the EVO Lite series support time-lapse?
||The EVO Lite supports rotational time-lapse, surround time-lapse and free time-lapse; EVO Lite+ supports surround time-lapse and free time-lapse.
||What is the maximum battery life of the EVO Lite series?
||About 40 minutes (windless environment).
|How long does it take to charge the battery?
||Each battery takes approximately 90 minutes to fully charge.
|How do I maintain the battery?
||1. Do not expose the battery to temperatures below -10°C or above 40°C, which will shorten the battery life and may result in fire, explosion or other permanent damage.
2. Do not charge the battery immediately after a flight. It is recommended to wait until the battery has cooled down to room temperature before charging.
3. The ideal ambient temperature for charging the battery is 10 °C~30 °C.
4. The ideal storage temperature for the battery is 22 °C~28 °C. The battery should be stored in a waterproof and moisture-proof environment, and protected from sunlight.
5. Recharge and discharge the battery every 3 months to keep it active.
|Can the battery be used in low-temperature environments?
||When the battery is used in a low-temperature environment, note that the battery life will be reduced. To optimize performance in the cold, it is recommended to warm the battery up to 15 °C before use.
|Can the battery be carried onto a boarding airplane?
||The capacity of the battery is 68Wh and it can be carried on board airplanes according to airline regulations.
|App & Firmware Upgrade
||How do I upgrade the Autel Sky App?
||When the system detects a new app version, the app will automatically pop up a prompt after connecting to the flight, and users can follow the prompt to upgrade the app.
|What smartphone systems does Autel Sky app support?
||iOS 12.0 and above
Android 8.0 and above
|How do I upgrade the firmware?
||Method 1: Download the firmware upgrade package from Autel Sky app
1. Open the remote controller and the aircraft, connect your phone to the remote controller and run the Autel Sky app.
2. When the system detects a new firmware version, the Autel Sky app will automatically pop up a prompt box after connecting to the aircraft to remind you to download and install.
3. Please follow the instructions on the Autel Sky app to update the firmware. Users can check the upgrade process through the app interface.
4. Please restart the flight device and remote control after the upgrade is completed.Method 2: Download the firmware upgrade package from Autel Robotics’s official website
1. Visit the official website of Autel Robotics to download the firmware upgrade package: www.autelrobotics.com.
2. Insert the SD card into your computer and save the downloaded firmware package to the root directory of the SD card.
3.Turn on the remote controller and the aircraft, connect your phone to the remote controller and run the Autel Sky app.
4. Insert the SD card into the aircraft, and the upgrade process will start automatically. Users can check the upgrade process through the app interface.
5. Please restart the aircraft and remote controller after the upgrade is completed.
|What will cause the upgrade to fail?
||a. If you turn off the device during the upgrade process, the upgrade will fail.
b. If you disconnect during the firmware package download process, the upgrade will fail.
c. Make sure the remaining power of the battery and remote control is ≥ 30% before upgrading.
|Can I disconnect from the network to continue the upgrade after the firmware download is completed?